Monday 18 April 2016

So I should also add here. This began a few months ago, earlier this year. I always keep sketch books and I write a lot of my ideas for products or ways to make money. I finished another sketch book at the end of last year and I bought a new one to have a place to jot down ideas, but I wanted a few pages to record a summary of ideas from the previous sketch book.
I managed to do that but even before getting to the end I was getting a fresh perspective, sort of looking at it from a step back, and I was asking myself 'why haven't I've done these ideas yet?' Especially the one for the current painting collection I'm working one (which I won't divulge on yet).
I got really got a blaze of inspiration and really got to it. Still working on the prep work. Bugs me that its taking a while but I'm building the 'pea factory' for the first 'can of peas'. It needs to be done even though I could jump some things but I do want things done right. I think I have 12 under paintings ready and I know I have 180 paintings references ready for prep. It's an ambitious collection but it will make sense once the first few paintings are ready for selling. I'm writing this stuff so I can later go back and read it because I don't want to forget the origins of this. Later this will make sense.
One thing I can say is when I look at this model idea, and key components, the demand that I know is already there, the limited collection, the increase value of it, the competition to bid for it, I think this is going to really work. I've thought that before about many things so this could be another one of those but time will tell. I don't want to invent anything new artistically. I'm not trying to pioneer a new movement. I just want to be a hard working artist and paint. And call.

No comments:

Post a Comment